Monolog Writing Contest
We’ve all been on a forced hiatus but now it’s time to get back to work. ROUND TABLE has joined forces with Dobie Maxwell’s FUNNIER YOU to make the transition a little easier.
For this contest you will be asked to write a 6-8 joke mini-monolog on how this pandemic has affected your comedy or career or a combination of both.
Your monolog can focus on the lack of work, impact on material, being a road comic that is forced to stay home, or any other aspect you like.
We will be awarding 4 prizes:
The top 2 monologs will each receive $75 PLUS a Be Funny, Make Money Audio Course that retails for $47 (More information can be found at FunnierYou.com)
In addition, the 2 overall best jokes (may or may not come from the winning monologues) will each be given a check for $25.
And because we want everyone to have a chance to win. All qualifying participants who don’t win another prize will be entered in a random drawing for a $5 gift certificate to ROUND TABLE.
To help in this endeavor, we have a one-page Monolog Tip Sheet available—FREE of charge. To get your Tip Sheet, just email your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a SASE to us at RT, PO Box 786, Agoura Hills, CA 91376.
Entry Fee: $5.00 per entry (waived for Gene Perret’s Round Table Subscribers – must be a current subscriber when entry is received, or submission will be disqualified). Entry Fees are non-refundable.
Rules…cause we have to have ’em
- Entries need to be received by December 30, 2020 (11:59 p.m. PST)
- Monologs must be between 6 to 8 jokes. The topic can be of your choosing but must pertain to the effects of the pandemic on comedy or your comedy career.
- All jokes must be numbered. No more than 8 jokes.
- Submissions can be emailed to Info@comedywritersroom.com. Entry must be contained within the email with the subject heading “Contest Entry.” Attachments will be deleted unopened. Or you may enter by mail at Round Table, PO Box 786, Agoura Hills, CA 91376.
- Your name and mailing address must be included in the email with your entry or on the page submitted if mailed.
- You may enter as many times as you like but each entry must be submitted separately and accompanied by the $5 entry fee. Entry Fees can be submitted by credit card online at comedywritersroom.com/shop. Entry Fees can be paid prior to or along with the submission. Material submitted without the fee will be disqualified. Entry Fees are non-refundable. The Entry Fee is waived for people who are current subscribers of Round Table at the time of entry. You can subscribe to Round Table at www.comedywritersroom.com
- All entries must be received by December 30, 2020.
- Prizes will be awarded by January 15, 2021.
- All material is the property of the writer. By entering you allow Round Table to use your name and sampling of your work in part or whole on its website and in related PR.
- Judging will be completed at the discretion of ROUND TABLE and all decisions are final.
Good Luck to All!!!
If you have a suggestion or idea for a future contest, we’d love to hear it!