Warm Up the Typewriter…
Sketch writing is making a comeback and ROUND TABLE is thrilled. Sketches are a fun way to release the creative juices and can produce great pieces. So, for this contest, we want you to try your hand at sketch writing.
Write an original sketch. Your sketch can be on any topic you like. It can be generic or for a specific show or character. The sketch must have more than one person/character in it.
First Place – $125
Second Place – $ 50
Third Place – $ 25
Three Honorable Mentions will receive a $5 gift certificate for the Round Table shop at www.comedywritersroom.com/shop. In addition, all non-winning entries will be entered into a random drawing for a $5 ROUND TABLE Gift Certificate.
Entry Fee: There is a $5.00 fee per sketch. You may enter as many times as you like but a new fee is required for each submission. The entry fee is waived for Gene Perret’s ROUND TABLE Subscribers (must be a current subscriber when entry is received). Entry Fees are non-refundable.
- Sketches must be original and not previously published or produced.
- Your sketch can be no longer than 10 pages. Submissions must be in the correct sketch format. A sample is included in the free handout which is available by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All sketches must abide by these restrictions at the sole discretion of Round Table. Any deviation will result in the sketch being disqualified.
- Your name and mailing address must be included on the submission or within the submission email. If you include a title page with your name and address, this does not count towards your page total. Submissions without an address will be disqualified.
- Submissions can be sent electronically by email to email@example.com. Sketches can be attached to the email but must be in Word or a pdf. Or you may mail your sketch to ROUND TABLE, PO Box 786, Agoura Hills, CA 91376.
- You may enter as many times as you like but each entry must be sent/emailed separately and accompanied by the $5 entry fee. Entry Fees can be submitted by credit card online at www/comedywritersroom.com/shop or by check. Entry Fees can be paid prior to or along with your submittal. Material submitted without the fee (and not current RT subscribers) will be disqualified. Entry Fees are not refundable. The Entry Fee is waived for people who are current subscribers of Round Table at the time of entry. You can subscribe to Round Table at www.comedywritersroom.com/shop
- All entries must be received by May 30, 2019 (11:59 pm pst).
- Winners will be determined by June 15, 2019. Decisions by the judges are final. ROUND TABLE will break any ties. Payment will be by check in US Funds, drawn on a US Bank unless other arrangements are agreed to by Round Table.
- All material is the property of the writer. By entering you allow ROUND TABLE to print any or all of your sketch on its website and/or in related PR.
- Any submission not in compliance with these rules will be disqualified and ineligible for any prizes.
- ROUND TABLE is not responsible for any misdirected or unreceived submissions.
- If the above rules are not followed, entry will be disqualified, and entry fee forfeited. So please review your entry carefully.
Judging: ROUND TABLE will be responsible for selecting the finalists. ROUND TABLE may consult with outside sources to determine the winners. The decisions of the ROUND TABLE judges are final.
Judging will be based on:
- The sketch premise
- The crispness of the dialogue
- The humor in the dialogue
- The power of the sketch ending
To receive the FREE Handout “Hints, Tips and Format” that includes a sample of the formatting for this contest, send an email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send an SASE to: ROUND TABLE, PO Box 786, Agoura Hills, CA 91376.
Good Luck and Have Fun!!!
Deadline for Entries
May 30, 2019
If you have an idea for our next contest, let us know!